In accordance with section 8(1) of the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (the FOI Act), Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) has prepared an Information Publication Scheme (IPS) Agency Plan.
This plan will:
- help FSANZ plan and develop its contribution to the IPS
- detail what information will be published and how, and how FSANZ will comply with the IPS.
The IPS requires FSANZ to:
- effectively and efficiently manage any information relevant to the IPS
- identify all information that has to be published under the IPS and any additional information that can appropriately be published as its ‘optional information’
- ensure online content conforms with the Government’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (V2)
- regularly review information published under the IPS to ensure it remains complete accurate and up-to-date
- ensure information published under the IPS is discoverable, searchable, understandable and reusable
- develop ways to measure the success of FSANZ’s IPS.
This plan details how we meet these requirements.
Implementing the Information Publication Scheme
SES responsibility for the IPS
FSANZ’s General Manager Food Safety and Regulatory Affairs, with assistance from the Manager, Communications, oversees the implementation of the IPS.
How information can be accessed on the FSANZ website
The IPS page will provide links and information about where to find documents. The FOI disclosure log will also be available from the IPS page.
FOI disclosure log
The disclosure log provides access* to documents disclosed by FSANZ as a result of an FOI request by listing summary information such as title, date of release, including number of pages and descriptions of the types of documents released. The publication of this information is in accordance with section 11C of the FOI Act.
*the term ‘access’ can mean that the document/s are either available on the website or that they are available by using contact information provided on the website.
Operational information used by FSANZ in its decision‐making process is published on the FSANZ website.
Contact us to provide feedback on FSANZ’s Agency Plan.