This Acceptable Use Policy is additional to any user policy; or terms and conditions, imposed by the social media platforms hosting Food Standards Australia New Zealand’s (FSANZ’s) social media channels (such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube).
We welcome postings on FSANZ’s social media channels but suggest that you apply common sense when posting material.
As a user of FSANZ‘s social media channels, you may express your views, comments, ideas, insights and criticisms about FSANZ. However, at the same time, you should show courtesy and respect to others.
In particular, when using FSANZ’s social media channels, please ensure that you:
- comply with the user policy; or terms and conditions of use, of any social media platform hosting FSANZ’s social media channels;
- protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information of either yourself or of others in your posts (for example, names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers);
- do not include internet addresses or links to non-food related websites, or any email addresses in your post;
- do not post material that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent;
- represent your own views; and do not impersonate or falsely represent any other person or organisation;
- do not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations;
- do not post defamatory or libellous material;
- only post material that you have a legal right to post ( for example, material that does not infringe the intellectual property rights of others and material that is not confidential);
- do not post material identifying matters that are either the subject of current legal proceedings or that would break a court’s non-publication order;
- do not post multiple versions of your post or make excessive postings on a particular issue;
- do not post material that is irrelevant to the topic being discussed;
- do not post material that advertises, offers or promotes commercial interests;
- do not post material that is overtly party political
- do not post material encouraging conduct that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability; or that would otherwise violate any Australian or overseas law;
- do not post any material that is obscene, offensive, vulgar or violent;
- do not post material that incites, induces, aids, assists, promotes, causes, instructs or permits violence, discrimination, harassment, victimisation or hatred towards others; and
- do not post material that is likely to offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate others on the basis of any personal characteristic, including but not limited to: religion, colour, race, ethnicity, gender identity, marital or domestic status, sexual preference, age or any disability.
FSANZ reserves the right to enforce this Acceptable Use Policy at its discretion. FSANZ may remove any posted messages that it considers to be in breach of this policy. FSANZ may also block or delete you as a user if FSANZ considers that you have breached this policy.
Please be aware that FSANZ may change its Acceptable Use Policy at any time.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact the media unit by calling 0401 714 265 (Australia) or +61 401 714 265 (from New Zealand) or by email: email@example.com
Social media privacy statement
FSANZ is not responsible nor is it liable for; and does not endorse; the privacy practices of social media platforms that host FSANZ’s social media channels (such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) or any linked websites.
FSANZ records all information posted to the FSANZ’s social media channels; and uses that information for the purposes of administering those channels; as well as considering and/or addressing any comments made.
No attempt will be made to further identify individuals except where authorised or required by law.
Please visit FSANZ’s website for our full Privacy notice.
Your use of FSANZ’s social media channels and any linked websites is at your own risk.
Views expressed on FSANZ’s social media channels by anyone other than FSANZ are not the views of FSANZ; and FSANZ disclaims all liability for any such views, comments, advertising or other non-FSANZ content.
FSANZ does not endorse or control any advertising that may be displayed on FSANZ’s social media channels by the social media platforms hosting FSANZ’s social media channels (such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) .
FSANZ reserves the right to remove comments at its sole discretion based on its Acceptable Use Policy .
FSANZ strives to review the content on its social media channels on a regular basis. However, please be aware that there may be times when content not meeting FSANZ’s Acceptable Use Policy appears on FASNZ’s social media channels before it can be removed.