FSANZ established the Allergen Collaboration in late 2011 to strengthen engagement and collaboration among a range of stakeholders involved in managing food allergens.
The Collaboration was established following an allergen review by FSANZ.
Members of the Collaboration, including food manufacturing, consumer and government representatives, meet to explore non-regulatory measures that can improve the management of food allergens.
To date, the Collaboration has:
- audited existing allergen communication material.
- developed a
a free training video for food service staff.
- developed a series of key messages about food allergen management for various sectors throughout the food chain.
- launched a food allergen portal.
The portal provides access to best practice information to help stakeholders manage food allergens.
Read more about the food allergen portal
Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy
Allergy and Anaphylaxis Australia
Allergy New Zealand
Food allergies and intolerance
Allergen Collaboration member organisations
Australia and New Zealand
- Allergen Bureau
- Food Standards Australia New Zealand
- Implementation Subcommittee for Food Regulation
- Unilever Australasia
- ALDI Australia
- Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia
- Australian Food & Grocery Council
- Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology
- Dietitians Association of Australia
- Environmental Health Australia
- Food & Beverages Importers Association
- Institute for Hospitality and Healthcare
- Metcash Limited
- National Allergy Strategy
- New South Wales Food Authority
- Restaurant and Catering Australia
- Victoria Department of Health & Human Services
- Woolworths Australia
- Allergy New Zealand
- New Zealand Food & Grocery Council
- New Zealand Institute of Environmental Health
- New Zealand Institute of Food Science and Technology
- New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries
- Progressive Enterprises Limited
- Restaurant Brands
- Restaurant Association of New Zealand
- Wellington Institute of Technology