Contact your Local Council (ask for an Environmental Health Officer) if your enquiry relates to:
- registrations of food businesses (both making and selling of food)
- food safety programs, handling of food in a food business, food hygiene
- primary food producers who sell food direct to the public, packaging, treating or substantially transforming food
- complaints about a food or food premises
- complaints about the sale of unsafe or unsuitable food (including contamination with foreign matter, undeclared food allergens and food poisoning).
Department of Health and Human Services – Food Safety
1800 671 738 (Free Call within Australia)
Contact the Department of Health and Human Services if your enquiry relates to general food compliance issues (and you don’t know where to start) or publications or information on legislation:
Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment
+61 3 62338011 or 1300 368 550 (Free Call within Australia)
Contact the Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment if your enquiry relates to:
- meat premises
- egg production
- licensing, inspection or auditing of dairy processes and dairy farms.
Tasmanian Dairy Industry Authority
+61 3 6478 4100
Contact the Authority regarding licensing and enforcement of the Food Standards Code for the dairy industry in Tasmania.