For general guidance about food complaints visit the Queensland Government's Report a food safety issue web page.
Search the Local Government Directory to find contact details and locality maps for Queensland’s local councils
Contact your Local Council (ask for an Environmental Health Officer) if your enquiry relates to:
- licensing of food businesses (both making and selling of food)
- mobile food premises
- complaints about food safety and hygiene matters in food premises
- food safety programs (except those in Queensland Government facilities).
Public Health Units
The following website includes email, telephone and address details for Public Health Units:
Contact your closest Public Health Unit if your inquiry relates to:
- food composition and labelling issues (including undeclared food allergens)
- Queensland food safety publications
- information on food legislation
- complaints about suspected food-borne illness, contamination of food and food recalls
- food safety programs in Queensland Government facilities.
Please note: All incidents of suspected intentional contamination of food are to be reported to Queensland Health via the 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) hotline. Please refer to further information at: http://www.health.qld.gov.au/ph/documents/ehu/susp_food_industry.pdf.
Queensland Dept of Health - Food Safety Standards and Regulation
+61 7 3328 9310 (Office hours)
Contact Queensland Health Food Safety Standards and Regulation if your enquiry relates to:
- Statewide policies on food issues and enforcement
- regulatory implementation and enforcement issues
- approval of and complaints about food safety auditors
- initiating a food recall
- general advice on current and proposed food standards.
Safe Food Production Queensland
+61 7 3253 9800 or 1800 300 815
Contact Safe Food Production Queensland if your enquiry relates to:
- the production and processing of primary produce (that is, dairy, meat, seafood, horticulture and eggs)
- monitoring of hygiene standards and operating procedures of premises, vehicles, plant and equipment used for the production of primary produce
- accrediting primary production and processing businesses
- approval of food safety programs for accredited businesses
- complaints about food safety at businesses producing or processing primary produce