The APS Employee Census is an annual survey conducted since 2012. It is used to collect confidential attitude and opinion information from APS employees on important issues in the workplace such as leadership, communication and change, workplace conditions, inclusion and innovation.
All APS employees are encouraged to complete the Census – it is an opportunity for them to tell the Australian Public Service Commissioner and respective agency Senior Executive Service (SES) their views about working in the APS.
In continuing our commitment to open and transparent reporting we have released FSANZ's Census outcomes.
APS Employee Census 2022 - FSANZ Highlights Report
89% of employees participated in the census in the 2022 survey, which is a significant increase compared to previous years..
We continued to receive above average responses in areas such as:
- Leadership – SES
- Employee Engagement
- Inclusion – supporting and promoting an inclusive workplace culture
- Workplace conditions – benefits and choice in how I do my work
- Workgroup performance – overall performance
Moving forward, we will:
- continue our FSANZ cultural work to ensure our workplace culture scores remain high
- continue to implement our Workforce Strategy
- continue to build on leadership and managerial capabilities
- promote health and wellbeing aspects
- provide a platform for staff to come up with new or better ways of doing things including the removal of bureaucratic processes
- ensure staff continue to feel safe and are encouraged to report unacceptable behaviour