What’s new in NUTTAB 2010?
- New data from nutrient analysis undertaken in 2006 and 2008 for a range of foods and nutrients.
- New iodine, sodium, fat and fatty acid data from nutrient analysis undertaken in 2009.
- New beef, lamb, mutton and veal data provided by Meat and Livestock Australia.
- New pork data provided by Australian Pork Limited.
- New game meat data (i.e. buffalo, venison, emu, rabbit, ostrich etc.) provided by the Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation.
- New data on liquids reported on a per 100 mL basis.
- Separate files for Indigenous foods, vitamin D and amino acids – but note that tryptophan is also included in the main nutrient data files.
- Trans fatty acid data, reported for the first time in NUTTAB and published as a separate file.
- Different fat factors to calculate fatty acids in some seafoods.
- Data for commercial food additives and infant foods have been removed.
NUTTAB 2010 is available free of charge in two formats—online as a searchable database—and as electronic database files.
The searchable database is for people who want to browse and search for information about a specific food or nutrient.
The electronic database files—provided in .txt and .tab formats—are for people who want to load information directly into specialised databases or into Microsoft Excel™ spreadsheets for manipulation.
We have also generated some additional data files (in Microsoft Excel™) for specific foods and nutrients. Nutrient data files for vitamin D, amino acids (including some original tryptophan values) and trans fatty acids have been provided separately, due to the limited data available for these nutrients and, for vitamin D, concerns about the currently available analytical methods and results. Likewise, data on Indigenous foods have been provided in a separate Indigenous foods data file.
Vitamin D data file [ .xls ]
Amino Acids data file [.xls ]
Trans Fatty Acids data file [.xls ]
Indigenous Foods data file [ .xls ]
Explanatory Notes for use with NUTTAB 2010 [ pdf ]
NUTTAB 2010 – NUTTAB 2006 Matching File [ xls ]
Reference List [ pdf ]
Frequently asked questions [ pdf ]
Tell us how we can improve NUTTAB 2010 by completing our online survey.