NUTTAB 2006 is most recent reference database of Food Standard Australia New Zealand (FSANZ). It contains a wider range of foods and nutrients than previous NUTTAB publications. The foods and nutrients reported in NUTTAB will vary according to the analytical data FSANZ have available and the confidence FSANZ places in these data. This means the nutrients reported in NUTTAB will vary between foods. The complete NUTTAB 2006 database contains approximately 2600 foods and up to 169 nutrients per food.
NUTTAB 2006 is available in three formats.
- NUTTAB 2006 Food Composition Tables : This version contains data for approximately 1750 common foods and up to 29 nutrients. The PDF version is suitable for users to print and be used as an easy reference guide.
- NUTTAB 2006 Online Version : This version contains data for approximately 2600 foods and up to 169 nutrients. The online version is suitable for users who want to find information relating to a specific food or nutrient.
- NUTTAB 2006 Electronic Release : This version contains data for approximately 2600 foods and up to 169 nutrients. The electronic release is suitable for users who want to upload information directly into specialised databases or into Microsoft ExcelTM spreadsheets for manipulation. They are available upon request directly to FSANZ via email.
Uses of NUTTAB 2006
NUTTAB 2006 is suitable to use as:
- a guide to the nutrient content of Australian foods for nutrition research and to assist consumers to make healthy food choices
- an education tool for schools and universities.
Limitations of food composition data
Before relying on the information presented in NUTTAB 2006, you should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of them for your purposes, and should consider the need to obtain appropriate expert advice relevant to your particular circumstances.
There are inherent limitations associated with food composition databases. Nutrient data published in NUTTAB 2006 often represents an average of nutrients in a particular sample of foods and ingredients, determined at a particular time. The nutrient composition of foods and ingredients can vary substantially between batches and brands because of a number of factors, including changes in season, processing practices and ingredient source.
While the majority of data contained in NUTTAB 2006 are analysed values, some data are borrowed from overseas food tables, supplied by the food industry, taken from food labels, imputed from similar foods or calculated using a recipe approach. The derivation of the data is provided for each food published in each version of NUTTAB 2006 and represents the method of derivation for the majority of nutrients for that food.
While FSANZ has made considerable effort to ensure the quality of data in NUTTAB 2006, FSANZ makes no warranty that the information contained in NUTTAB 2006 will be free from error, or if used will ensure compliance with the relevant requirements of the Food Standards Code.
For all supporting documentation relating to NUTTAB 2006 click here .
Copyright Reproduction Licence Agreement
Interested parties wanting to reproduce NUTTAB 2006 nutrient data will firstly need to sign a Copyright Reproduction Licence Agreement . This can also be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .